Problem Solver - Alloys
A Mixture of metals or a mixture of a metal and another element
Stage 1 - Preparation
Clean and degrease the surface
Bradite TD39 Industrial Degreaser 1L
- Degreaser for cleaning and preparing surfaces prior to painting. Treats soiled and contaminated surfaces. Non-caustic and safe to use.
If surface requires filling (where the metal is pitted), apply a two-part filler suitable for metal surfaces.
Brewers 2-Part Universal Filler 500G
- A fast hardening, two-component filler for interior and exterior use of a variety of surfaces.
Sand the surface using a fine wet and dry paper.
Flexovit Waterproof Paper Sheet P240
- P240 flexible, high quality silicon carbide waterproof abrasive paper sheets.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Apply a suitable metal prime.
Hammerite Special Metals Primer Red (Ready Mixed) 500ML
- Quick drying, one coat application, finish for interior and exterior use on stainless steel and non-ferrous metals.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply your choice of topcoat to manufacturers recommendations.
Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth White 750ML
- Fast drying, metal protecting, gloss finish for exterior use on rusty surfaces