Problem Solver - Zinc
Zinc is a fairly reactive metal that will combine with oxygen and other non-metals. Zinc metal tarnishes in moist air It is soft and malable.
Stage 1 - Preparation
Dry brush the surface down using a stiff bristle brush to remove any loose materials
Prep Bassine Masonry Brush 4"
- A bassine hand brush for cleaning down exterior masonry surfaces prior to finishing.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Make good any defective areas to match existing
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Once the surface is clean and all loose material has been removed, treat with a suitable primer and allow to dry.
Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 White 1L
- Fast drying, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork