Problem Solver - Aluminium
Aluminium is a relatively soft, durable, lightweight, ductile and malleable metal with appearance ranging from silvery to dull gray, depending on the surface roughness
Stage 1 - Preparation
Wash surface down with detergent or sugar soap
Tetrion Ready to use Sugar Soap 500ML
- Specially formulated to clean and prepare surfaces prior to repainting and provides an excellent key for a new coat of paint.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Degrease overall with methylated spirit frequently changing the cloth
Bird Brand Methylated Spirit 500ML
- For thinning and cleaning of compatible products. Ideal for use with shellac-based primers, coatings and finishes.
If surface requires filling (where the metal is pitted), apply to a two-part filler suitable for metal surfaces.
Brewers 2-Part Universal Filler 500G
- A fast hardening, two-component filler for interior and exterior use of a variety of surfaces.
Sand the surface using a fine wet and dry paper.
Flexovit Waterproof Paper Sheet P240
- P240 flexible, high quality silicon carbide waterproof abrasive paper sheets.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Apply a suitable metal primer
Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 White 1L
- Fast drying, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply your choice of topcoat to manufacturers recommendations and allow to dry – 2 coats.
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork