Problem Solver - Ferrous Metals
Ferrous metals are those which contain iron and are more susceptible to moisture if not not correctly treated
Stage 1 - Preparation
Wash surface down with detergent or sugar soap
Tetrion Ready to use Sugar Soap 500ML
- Specially formulated to clean and prepare surfaces prior to repainting and provides an excellent key for a new coat of paint.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
If surface requires filling (where the metal is pitted), apply to a two-part filler suitable for metal surfaces.
Brewers 2-Part Universal Filler 500G
- A fast hardening, two-component filler for interior and exterior use of a variety of surfaces.
Sand the surface using a fine wet and dry paper.
Flexovit Waterproof Paper Sheet P240
- P240 flexible, high quality silicon carbide waterproof abrasive paper sheets.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Once the surface is clean and all loose material has been removed, treat with a suitable primer and allow to dry.
Albany Metal Primer Grey (Ready Mixed) 2.5L
- High performance, anti-corrosive and rust inhibiting, for interior and exterior use. Ideal for iron and steel.
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork