Problem Solver - Melamine
Melamine is combined with formaldehyde to produce melamine resin, a very durable thermosetting plastic used in high pressure decorative laminates such as Formica, melamine dinnerware, laminate flooring, and dry erase boards.
Stage 1 - Preparation
Wash surface down with detergent or sugar soap
Tetrion Ready to use Sugar Soap 500ML
- Specially formulated to clean and prepare surfaces prior to repainting and provides an excellent key for a new coat of paint.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Make good any defective areas to match existing
Sand the surface using a fine wet and dry paper.
Flexovit Waterproof Paper Sheet P240
- P240 flexible, high quality silicon carbide waterproof abrasive paper sheets.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Once the surface is clean and all loose material has been removed, treat with a suitable primer and allow to dry.
Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 White 1L
- Fast drying, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat