Problem Solver - Indigbo
Indigbo. South American/Far Eastern Hardwoods. Majau. Red Grandis. Meranti. Often has a wide colour variation and can be highly resinous
Stage 1 - Preparation
Ensure surface is sound dry and clean
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Abrade with 100 grit abrasive paper to remove any loose or flaking areas and to create a key
Flexovit Glasspaper Sheet Grade F2
- F2 - very fine hand sanding sheets, ideal for general purpose applications.
If surface requires filling where repairs have been carried out use a two-part filler suitable for timber
Sand the surface using a fine wet and dry paper. Resinous timber apply a hot air gun to bring excess resin to the surface then wipe with Methylated Spirit frequently changing the cloths (Take care in disposing of used cloths)
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Apply a suitable primer
Albany Aluminium Wood Primer Grey 2.5L
- Excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use. Specially for hardwoods and resinous softwoods.
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork