Problem Solver - Ceramic tiles
Painting a ceramic tiled area including the grout between the tiles
Stage 1 - Preparation
Wash surface down with detergent or sugar soap
Tetrion Ready to use Sugar Soap 500ML
- Specially formulated to clean and prepare surfaces prior to repainting and provides an excellent key for a new coat of paint.
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Replace any defective or loose tiles and re-grout where required
Unibond All In One Wall Tile Adhesive & Grout 1.38KG
- A combined wall tile adhesive and grout, suitable for interior use on both ceramic and mosaic tiles
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Apply suitable etching / multi surface primer to the surface by brush. Allow to dry
Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 White 1L
- Fast drying, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a hardwearing topcoat such as satin or gloss – 2 coats.
Albany Acrylic Eggshell Brilliant White 1L
- Fast drying, high opacity, eggshell finish for interior high traffic areas such as hallways and kitchens.