Problem Solver - Flakeboard
Flake Board, also known as particleboard, chipboard or OSB (Oriented Strand Board), is an engineered wood product manufactured from wood chips, sawmill shavings, or even sawdust, and a synthetic resin or other suitable binder, which is pressed and extruded
Stage 1 - Preparation
Ensure surface is sound dry and clean
If any mould or mildew is apparent, treat with a suitable fungicidal solution, rinse again with clean water and allow to dry.
Albany Fungicidal Wash 1L
- A 1 litre concentrated multi surface treatment to prevent the growth of surface mould on timber and masonry
Depending on surface substrate check condition and carry out any remedial works required to make sound.
Brewers 2-Part Universal Filler 500G
- A fast hardening, two-component filler for interior and exterior use of a variety of surfaces.
Abrade with 100 grit abrasive paper to remove any loose or flaking areas and to create a key
Flexovit Glasspaper Sheet Grade F2
- F2 - very fine hand sanding sheets, ideal for general purpose applications.
Stage 2 - Basecoat
Once the surface is clean and all loose material has been removed, treat with as suitable primer and allow to dry.
Albany Wood Primer White 1L
- Good flow, excellent adhesion, for interior and exterior use
Apply a suitable undercoat
Albany Undercoat White 1L
- Excellent covering power, finish for interior and exterior use on wood and metal. Perfect for new work and redecoration.
Stage 3 - Topcoat
Apply a suitable topcoat
Albany Gloss Brilliant White 1L
- Oil based, high opacity, gloss finish for interior and exterior woodwork & metalwork